Lander County is ideally situated in the center of Nevada’s mining country. Nineteen major mines, with 9,600 employees are within an 80-mile radius of Battle Mountain. We fit the bill if you want to tap into the mining supply chain, logistics or are a manufacturing partner. Plus, small business thrives in our stable community.
Our communities are family-oriented with excellent schools — the state’s highest graduation rate and a 23:1 student-teacher ratio. The towns of Kingston and Austin are central to numerous recreation opportunities that center on our great outdoors. New housing starts and active civic organizations provide a vibrant, friendly lifestyle for new or relocating employees.
Why move your business to Lander County?
- Three interchanges on Interstate 80, major route between California and Utah
- Highway 50 connects Reno with Salt Lake City and Las Vegas through Central Nevada
- Large mining sector employers: Cortez/Barrick, Newmont Mining, Silver Standard, and M-1 LLC. Quality Transportation/John Davis Trucking, Ormat Geothermal and Solar plants.
- Large farming operations export high trade alfalfa throughout the world, and cattle and sheep to American markets.
- Only one layer of government (county) and a business-friendly attitude.
- Clean air, low crime rate, easy access to endless outdoor activities and the charm and caring of a rural community.
- New home subdivisions, excellent apartment living and housing that includes historic homes, large ranches, and hobby-farm size parcels provide great housing choices.
- Battle Mountain General Hospital recently added a new Heliport and Community Health and Emergency Services building.
- New County Courthouse and Administrative Building. ($18 million)
- New School District Elementary School, Sports Gym and Athletic Field. ($25 million)
- Completion 2016; new County indoor recreation center and swimming pool ($8-9 million)
- $1+ Million upgrade/update of the County nine-hole golf course.
- County and School District projects are paid for. This is a debt-free county.