Perfectly positioned for geothermal, solar and wind energy success, Elko County is already home to the China Mountain Wind Project and two active geothermal systems. Join established renewable energy companies and take advantage of:
- More geothermal reserves than any other state
- A 20-acre geothermal industrial park
- Solar energy zones
- One of the most business-friendly tax climates in the U.S.
- Available training programs at Great Basin College
- Sales and use and personal property tax abatements and deferrals
In the 2008 Colorado College State of the Rockies Report Card, Elko County received high marks for Solar Energy and Geothermal opportunities.
State of the Rockies
The Colorado College State of the Rockies Project is designed to provide a thoughtful, objective voice on regional issues by offering credible research on problems faced by the Rocky Mountain West, and by convening citizens and experts to discuss the future of our region.